First came the HELLCAT now we have the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. Revealed during this week’s NY Auto show and of which Dodge says: “it’s shaking the foundation of the entire performance car industry.”
The new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is a drag racing focused version of the Dodge challenger. Which has some impressive stats for a retro inspired car. Although similar the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is not a replacement for the HELLCAT as it will be sold alongside.
The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon features supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 engine with 840 horsepower and 770 pounds-feet of torque.
• The highest horsepower V-8 production car engine ever produced
• The first-ever front-wheel lift in production car (2.92 feet) as certified by Guinness World Records
• The world’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
• Too fast for the drag strip – officially banned by NHRA
• World’s fastest 0-60 production car: 2.3 seconds
• 0-30 miles per hour: 1.0 second
• Highest g-force acceleration of any production car: 1.8 g